A tour of Ireland unlike anything you’ve experienced, with me, Mike Farragher, the ultimate insider and bona fide plus sized leprechaun! I’ve spent decades traveling to Ireland as a dual citizen and reporter for The Irish Voice, and have forged close bonds with chefs, musicians, and artisans on my Irish culture podcast TAYSHT, so you’ll experience the ‘real’ Ireland that most tourists never see. For years I’ve had friends say “take me with you on your next trip!”
Well, this is your chance!
I have taken care of every detail, so all you have to do on this leisurely, well-planned tour is enjoy Ireland’s unique culture, history, music, food and fun! Our hand-picked hotels are top class and perfectly located for you to ramble and explore. We have built in plenty of free time do your own thing (like shopping local artisans or bending the elbow at the bar of a spirited pub!).
Highlights of our Experience
- The Cliffs of Moher: stunning landscapes, where the cliffs meet the sea!
- Visit Galway, Dublin, Dingle, and Killarney with plenty of free time explore the charm of these towns on your own.
- ‘The Quiet Man’ Tour: this penultimate Irish film was shot next to the fields of my family’s farm and my uncle was an extra in this classic! We’ll see the locations where it was filmed and speak to the locals about the making of this national treasure while sampling the best food and drink in the West of Ireland.
- Whiskey Tour and Sampling: we’ll get the story from the craftsmen on the flavors as unique as the people that make the best in Irish spirits!
- Music: do you know Ireland is the only country on earth with a musical instrument as its national emblem? Music is at the heart of Ireland, which is why we’ll be sampling spontaneous jams in the snug of a pub and doing a deep dive in the recording studios at the Irish Rock Museum where the likes of U2, Van Morrison, and Thin Lizzy created their iconic albums.
- Literature: we’ll visit Thoor Baylee, Yeat’s idyllic summer castle in the West of Ireland, where he wrote some of the greatest poems ever put to paper.
All this and more. I’ll even throw in a free signed copy of one of my novels for reading on the flight home and a journal for you to capture your own stories while in Ireland!
ShamRockin’ Irish Tour – Itinerary at a Glance
Depart your hometown for an overnight flight to Dublin, Ireland
Mon, Oct-14: I’ll be at Dublin airport to greet you. We’ll visit Bunratty Castle and Folk Park and stop at Durty Nellies for a pint on our way to our spectacular hotel in Killarney.
DINNER & OVERNIGHT: GREAT SOUTHERN HOTEL, KILLARNEY
Tue October 15: Visit 19th century Muckross House and Gardens, drive part of the famous Ring of Kerry; meet an Irish farmer on his charming farm and see sheepdogs at work in their natural environment. Tonight is free for you to ramble and explore Killarney. OVERNIGHT: GREAT SOUTHERN HOTEL, KILLARNEY
Wed, October 16: Tour the Dingle Peninsula, once described by the National Geographic Traveler as “the most beautiful place on earth.” Jaw-dropping scenery at every turn of the road. Enjoy free time in Dingle town before returning to Killarney for dinner and our overnight stay. DINNER & OVERNIGHT: GREAT SOUTHERN HOTEL, KILLARNEY
Thurs, October 17: We’ll take a short ferry ride across the River Shannon Estuary to visit the Cliffs of Moher, one of Ireland’s most beloved, natural landmarks. From there we visit Thoor Ballylee, the home of writer & poet W. B. Yeats. DINNER & OVERNIGHT: SALTHILL HOTEL, GALWAY
Fri, October 18: My good friend Brian Nolan will take us on an entertaining walking tour of Galway city. Afterwards, enjoy free time in Galway to ramble, explore and dine independently.
OVERNIGHT: SALTHILL HOTEL, GALWAY
Sat, October 19: We’ll drive to Cong, County Mayo to visit locations where The Quiet Man was filmed. At Ballyglunin Train Station we’ll have a special surprise!
DINNER & OVERNIGHT: SALTHILL HOTEL, GALWAY
Sun, October 20: Today we head east to Dublin and upon arrival visit the Irish Whiskey Museum. You can use your Hop On/Hop Off ticket to get you to Guinness Factory, Book of Kells, or anywhere in the city! OVERNIGHT: ALOFT HOTEL, DUBLIN
Mon, October 21: Lots of free time today to explore more on the Hop On/Hop Off Tour. In the afternoon, we’ll meet at the Irish Rock ‘n’ Roll Museum for a special tour followed by dinner at Gallagher’s Boxty House, an award-winning eatery in Temple Bar. OVERNIGHT: ALOFT HOTEL, DUBLIN Tue, October 22: Transfer to Dublin Airport in plenty of time for some last-minute shopping at the incomparable duty-free stores. Then clear US customs and immigration before boarding your flight home
All visits are outlined on the itinerary are included in the cost. There are NO hidden extras!
Cost: $3,350 per person sharing | Single Supplement: $995
** PRICING EXCLUDES AIRFARE**
Deposit of $250 per person is required to confirm your reservation.
Payment in full is due by August 1st, 2024
To make your reservation, call Anne at 201-370-2443 or email firstname.lastname@example.org